2/16/2009 07:19:00 PM

YAY!

Whoo-hoo!

I finally got out this weekend and got some geocaching in. It felt so good to get outside and walk around. I have been cooped up in the house too long!

This particular Wisconsin winter has been a bit brutal. We have had record snowfall and regular sub-zero temperatures. This does not make for fun times outside. We were spoiled a few weeks ago with two 45 degree days in a row! That does not happen in Wisconsin in February. That mini heat-wave gave me cabin fever something fierce. I had to get out.

Yesterday wasn't too bad considering that it is February. It was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit so that was good enough for me. I went for a drive about an hour from my house to check out a state park that I had never been to before. Unfortunately, most of the trails were closed. It looks like a really cool place though. I can't wait to go back in the spring.

I ended up spending the rest of my day at one of my favorite state parks, High Cliff. I love it there! I was feeling adventurous and decided to pick up a few of the geocaches in the park that I had DNF'd before. Found one of the few that are left along with an earth cache.

I had a great time and I was so happy to get out caching again. Bring on the spring!

~A~

Old lime kiln at the earthcache.

0 comments: