11/02/2008 08:42:00 PM

Stormy Weather

Bad weather wasn't going to keep me from caching today. I wanted to get out yesterday when the sun was shining but it just wasn't in the cards.
That's all right; stormy weather makes it a little more peaceful. I found some neat finds today. A few firsts for me. I found my first cache that was hidden inside a seashell in the woods. :)
Silly place for a shell to be. You would have thought it would have been a quick find. Maybe it would be a quick find earlier in the year. All the leaves on the ground made it a little tough. But found it before it got dark.
Also found my first cache way up in a tree. Thought I was going to have to channel my inner-monkey to get that one down. I started to climb and realized that the camo peanut jar was taped to a large branch that was made to look like part of the tree. Very sneaky!
Anyway, found it and signed the log. I got caught out in the rain on this one. I was pretty far in the woods when it decided to switch from slight drizzle to downpour. That's OK, this one was worth it. I liked the area so much that I will visit again.
It was also a good day for me as far as trading goes. I like signature items and I had only found one signature item in a cache up until today. Today I found two! YAY! Traded some items for them.
All in all a good day geocaching for me. I was glad to get some in before it gets really cold. I have never snow-cached, so that should be interesting once we get farther into the cold season.
I'll keep you posted on that.
Keep on caching.
~A~

0 comments: